Tuesday, February 4, 2014

[349] Hourly Comics 2014 Scanned Version

I already posted these images on tumblr (and one page here) but they were lo resolution images taken with the myopic camera.  I decided to gather them all here for posterity.  First the images:





 
The interface sucks so I will also post them on tumblr.  Additional context on the images:
 
[1]  The colors. 
I bought a package of colored flairs fom kmart while working a project in Juana Diaz last summer and have been carrying them around since like forever.  They are good to draw with but they are not waterproof.  Which means I cannot watercolor over them unless I scan and print the image or paint avoiding the lines.  And I dig the colors.  So I painted each page monochromatically.  I scanned the drawings so I can turn them into black and white images and water color them.
 
[2] What is up with that and the ex missus?
Let;s say you are given a choice.  Stay in a position you hate but that allows you access to what you want or care about or change the position and choose a new better fate.  In my case I chose the first one.  My son is my interest and my life.  If I chose to maintain the status as it was for two years I'd have an estranged son, probably full of antidepressants and remain absorbed in my work.
After years or trial and error I have to admit Mildred is the only person that actually understands my view of the world and why I make the decisions I make. 
 
Do I agree with her?: most of the time I don't. 
 
Do I like this arrangement?: Its bearable compared to what I lived the previous two years but still it is a bad arrangement that sucks in a major way.
 
But can you live in harmony?: Most of the time.  Provided I ignore the occassional nagging and complaining.  And the old problems like the Aerio Landau are now my problem.
 
As stated in the comic we are good friends.  She is a very intelligent person that could be providing so much to humanity, but she rather be staying at home and tweet the days away.  And that is where the discrepacy begins.
 
Will this arrangement ever be changed? Hopefully she'll get a job and move elsewhere.  On the meantime at least she helps on my house chores (I barely was at home before: I was either at mom's, visiting friends or drawing around town).
 
 
"Imitation Of Life"
Charades, pop skill
Water hyacinth, named by a poet
Imitation of life.
Like a koi in a frozen pond.
Like a goldfish in a bowl.
I don't want to hear you cry.

Thats sugarcane that tasted good.
Thats cinnamon, thats Hollywood.
C'mon, c'mon no one can see you try.

You want the greatest thing
The greatest thing since bread came sliced.
You've got it all, you've got it sized.
Like a Friday fashion show teenager
Freezing in the corner
Trying to look like you don't try.

Thats sugarcane that tasted good.
Thats cinnamon, thats Hollywood.
C'mon, c'mon no one can see you try.

No one can see you cry.

That sugar cane that tasted good.
That freezing rain, that's what you could.
C'mon, c'mon on no one can see you cry.

This sugarcane
This lemonade
This hurricane, I'm not afraid.
C'mon, c'mon no one can see you cry.

This lightning storm
This tidal wave
This avalanche, I'm not afraid.
C'mon, c'mon no one can see me cry.

That sugar cane that tasted good.
That's who you are, that's what you could.
C'mon, c'mon on no one can see you cry.

That sugar cane that tasted good.
That's who you are, that's what you could.
C'mon, c'mon on no one can see you cry.
 
[3]  Why bother?
I have exposed this concern before.  I keep generating new material here for almost three years now and this blog is virtually non existent.  I added a tumblr account and occasionaly post photos there.  I also have facebook, instagram, flipbook and twitter accounts that I seldom post in.  Yet, my words are virtually invisible.
 
I will keep posting no matter what but sometimes I wonder why is my work unknown or irrelevant.  I mean.  It is not the subjects.  Individually I see there is an interest in the subjects I duscuss.  It is not the pop culture references.  I see there is an audience with similar likes.  Is it because I am not a part of the herd and my time for being part of the herd are over?  Who knows?  I guess I continue doing what I like, as I have been doing sice like always... 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...